Thanks to everyone who helped organize, present, sponsor, facilitate and support our safety conference this year. Our first fully online safety conference, this event brought in presenters from around the US and Canada and 154 attendees from across the Northwest. We could not be more proud of how it turned out!
The Content Was Amazing!
Corrie Pitzer led a half-day Deepsafe Leadership Workshop and it was stunning to hear about the serious hazards in the mining industry and the Risk Management strategy that he developed. Corrie, Anil Mathur and Dr. Amy Harper delivered dynamic keynote presentations. Because we were fully online, we had the pleasure of bringing in high-level presenters without the high-level expense and what a treat it was. We also enjoyed 10 breakout sessions from extremely skilled professional trainers in everything from safety culture, to ergonomics, and incident analysis. And everything had a different twist on it. It was so fun to learn some of the typical safety training topics in a totally new and fresh way.
Congratulations Award Winners!
My favorite was the award ceremony. We gave away 7 awards and this year did something a little different. Because we had fewer awards, we let them all speak. It was so encouraging to hear what these safety teams and leaders had to share about their journey!
Congratulations to these well-deserving award winners:
- Best of the Best Safety Committee – Boise Cascade Engineered Wood Products in White City
- Outstanding Safety and Health Program Award Winner – Medford Water Commission
- Outstanding Safety and Health Program Award Winner – Boise Cascade EWP
- Safety Committee Champion Award – Ashton Case – Timber Products Spectrum Division
- Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) Award Winner – Pamela Ahr – SAIF Corporation
- Business Leader Who Gets It Award – Jared Hill – Asante Physician Partners
- Commitment to Excellence Award – Dave Spence – Boise Cascade – White City Veneer
Video Recorded Sessions
The icing on the cake was the final video recordings. The entire event was recorded and shared with all registrants. And we have great news for those who missed it. We are currently putting together a post-conference registration to allow anyone who would like to take advantage of these great presentations after the fact. Stay tuned for that, but for now, my sincerest appreciation to everyone who helped make it a great event.
And now we start thinking and planning for next year. We certainly hope it can be in person, maybe a hybrid event. If you’d like to help us on our conference planning team, please let me know, our planning meetings will start in January. We’d love to have you join us!
Conference Planning Chair