On October 21st, we rolled out an exciting series of trainings for safety committee members. This training was designed to help safety committees sharpen their skills, learn what is required of them under Oregon OSHA, and to take their committee to a whole new level. We heard some great feedback. We got to meet most of the Timber Products Medford Hardwoods safety committee who met safely together on the day of the roll-out to attend all five modules and even the live welcome session. The really cool part is this training was not limited to our region. We met several people from the Coos Bay area that were attending.
The best news of all is that this training will continue to be available throughout the year. Feel free to have your committee members take advantage of the Safety Committee University from the comfort of their own computer in a self-paced manner. All five modules are recorded and available at no charge at www.SafetyCommitteeUniversity.com.
In case you missed any of this great content, it’s not too late!
- Craig Hamelund’s inspirational and touching keynote presentation
- Patti McGuire’s super informational Safety Committee 101—Learn the safety committee requirements in a simple to understand way
- David Hanson’s version of CSI for safety in his skilled presentation on Effective Incident Analysis
- Chris Lawrence’s 25+ years of experience taught to you in this dynamic Hazard Identification training
- Lastly, one of my favorite modules—a collection of safety committee success stories with the powerful conclusion by Tim Hart of Duro-Last Roofing, one of the safest companies in the Country
Our plan is to continue to grow this resource with added trainings, best practices, and stories when they become available, so if you’ve already enjoyed the training and are looking for more, check back. If you have something to share with other safety committees, please reach out to us on the “contact us” page at www.SafetyCommitteeUniversity.com.
ASSP Southern Oregon Chapter Conference Planning Chair