National Burn Awareness Week is February 5-11, 2023.
National Burn Awareness Week is a window of opportunity for organizations to mobilize burn, fire, and life safety educators to unite in sharing a common burn awareness and prevention message in our communities. (American Burn Association, 2023)
OSH Professionals can participate in this national awareness campaign in various ways:
- Review your fire prevention plan
- Evaluate burn hazards at your establishments
- Hold a safety toolbox talk regarding burn hazards in your workplace
- Have a first-aid refresher class for treating burns
- Invite an educator to your facility or host a class
- Share your participation on social media
Visit: https://ameriburn.org/advocacy-and-prevention/burn-awareness-week/ to find ways you can participate and share graphics on your social media.
Remember: “Hot Liquids Burn Like Fire!”