- 70% of people say that they would rather have a nice boss than a 10% raise in pay!
- People don’t leave jobs, they leave managers.
- You only stress about what you care about. Instead of saying I’m so stressed about something, learn to say that I care about this.
- When we stress about something, our sympathetic system releases 9 stress hormones that cause everything from headaches, tension, digestive upset, fatigue, joint pain, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, and anger.
- How many people value their work but are no longer whistling on the way to work? It’s because they have too much stress hormones.
- To get out of constant stress, we have to learn to recognize when we are living in our “survival brain” and through thinking and breathing skills move to our “thinking brain”.
- When another person is toxic and rages, you can do slow breathing and stay calm. You can actually change them through limbic resonance.
- “If you’re in a leadership role, you represent everyone’s unfinished mom and dad issues!”
- Words have very little communication value. What impacts our staff the most is tone of voice, facial expressions, gestures, and mood.
- “Do you know what you sound like when you see someone you like and are glad to see them? Work to be like that all the time!”
- “Every story creates a feeling. What story could you tell yourself when you don’t like it?”
Michael Hill, CSP, SAIF Corporation